Information for Buyers
Sylvania Waterways Limited (“the Company”) is the legal owner of Lot 1 in Deposited Plan 615171.
This land comprises all of the seabed and waterways adjoining waterfront land within the Estate adjacent to all properties in Sylvania Waters NSW. The company permits adjoining land owners to erect seawalls and waterfront devices such as jetties, pontoons and the like on the company land. However, that permission is granted pursuant to a license which has strict conditions such as:
- The license is not transferable to a new purchaser of the property;
- The license holder must be a Member/Shareholder in the Company;
- The encroaching sea wall and/or waterfront devices must be removed if the property owner ceases to be a shareholder of the Company or fails to pay the annual fees. It is a condition that if any encroaching seawall and/or waterfront devices are to be retained following the purchase of a waterfront property, then before completion or no later than date of settlement, the new owner must:
- Apply to the Company for the issue of shares and associated membership in the company;
- Enter into a new license agreement in relation to the waterfront devices; and pay the fees under the new license.
Ownership and use of any waterfront devices (Jetties, pontoons, poles) erected over the Company’s land without an appropriate license is trespass upon land owned by Sylvania Waterways Limited.