(Applicable to most properties at original development stage and which remain on most property titles)
1. No building of any description and no additions to any building shall be erected upon or be allowed to occupy the lots in Deposited Plan 539605 (hereinafter called “the said lots”) unless the plans and specifications of such building thereto and its location thereon have been approved in writing by the Transferor and such approval shall not unreasonably be withheld.
2. No Building erected on any of the said lots shall be constructed with external walls to the ceiling line of the ground floor of materials other than brick, brick veneer, stone or similar materials as may be approved by the Transferor.
3. No structure building or part of any building erected on any of the said lots shall be occupied or used as a temporary dwelling.
4. No building erected on any of the said lots shall have a roof of corrugated galvanised iron or corrugated fibrous cement.
5. Not more than one self contained dwelling shall be erected on any of the said lots and no other building of any nature shall be erected so as to stand alone apart from the main dwelling.
6. None of the said lots shall be used other than for residential purposes and without limiting the generality of this covenant no building or structure at any time erected on any of the said lots shall be used for business, commercial, commercial amusement or manufacturing purposes, or for the purpose of renting rooms, a boarding house, a lodging house, a private hotel, motel or similar purposes. No hoarding or advertising signs shall be erected or displayed on any of the said lot except such signs as may be reasonably be required for the sale of said lots and no part thereof shall be used for running or keeping of poultry for commercial or private purposes.
7. No building shall be erected on any of the said lots unless the same shall be connected to the sewer, if available, or if the sewer is not available, to a Septic Tank Installation, the design of which is approved by the proper authorities or if approval of the aforementioned Septic Tank Installation cannot be obtained then to a Septic Closet the design and construction for which is approved by the proper authorities.
8. No fence shall be erected on any of the said lots to divide it from adjoining land owned by the Transferor without the consent of the transferor but such consent shall not be withheld if the fence shall be erected without expense to the transferor and in favour of any person dealing with the transferor such consent as aforesaid shall be deemed to have been given in respect of every such fence for the time being erected.
9. No Building shall be erected upon any of the said lots so that any main wall of the said building shall be closer than 20 feet to any building alignment forming the front boundary thereof. Nor shall any building be erected upon any of the said lots so that any main wall of said building shall be closer than 30 feet to the nearest portion of any water front.
10. No water front retaining wall, concrete capping beam, concrete anchor or tie rods on any of the said lots shall be interfered with in any way, unless with the written consent of the Transferor with the exception of the anchors to the water front retaining wall in the positions so provided. NO excavations shall be made below level 3.00 STANDARD DATUM within 20 feet of the back of the capping beam of any water front retaining wall, excepting for pipes carrying surface water to the weep holes provided in any such retaining wall.
11. No structure other than a pontoon supplied or approved by the Transferor shall be erected in, or on or under the said water.
12. a) No fence of rough sawn palings shall be erected on any of the said lots. b) No fence shall be erected in any of the said lots along any street alignment or between any street alignment and the building line of the dwelling. c) No fence shall be erected on any of the said lots between any water boundary and the nearest building line of the dwelling unless it shall be either of park rail type not more than 2 feet in height or else a safety mesh provided by the transferor not more than 3 feet in height. d) No fence shall be erected on the said land to a height exceeding 5 feet. e) No fence or other structure shall be erected upon the Water Front retaining wall.
13. a) No clothes lines or fuel tanks shall be erected or kept upon any of the said lots unless the design, location and screening thereof shall have been first approved in writing by the Transferor. b) No garbage cans shall be kept upon the subject land except upon an area the location and screening of which shall have been first approved in writing by the Transferor.
14. In these covenants the expression “fences” shall include “wall” and the said lots shall mean and include any other lots being a re – subdivision of the said lots. The land which has the burden of the covenants is the land hereby transferred. The land which has the benefit of these covenants is the whole of the land comprised in Deposited Plan 23724 excepting thereout the land hereby transferred. These covenants may be released varied and / or modified so far as any or all of the said lots is / are concerned by the Transferor without the consent of any other person.
Note: The above covenants were part of the original development program. Some items relating to approved types of fencing may be outdated. Please consult with the Director for general enquiries to discuss alternatives to the types mentioned in covenant #12 to ensure compliance with local government legislation.
DO NOT allow any fencer to core drill your seawall concrete capping as this may result in structural failure.